Surfline Next Wave Grant Application
Does your club have an amazing story to tell, a project in need of a kickstart, or some tired equipment that needs some tender loving care?
Entries are now open for the Surfline Next Wave Grant. Submit your entry and get into the running for a share of our $5,000 prize purse.
First prize will take home $3,5000 for their club, while our runner up will win $1,500.
All you need to do is tell us in 500 words or less why your club deserves the grant and what you’d do with the prize money. Include an image that captures the essence of the club, or get creative and submit a 30-second video to go with your entry.
Requirements of entry
- Introduce your boardrider club and local beach via a 500-word essay, include images and/or a video clip (30 seconds minimum) as part of your entry.
- Essay should include an explanation as to why your club needs the grant.
- Essay should explain in detail how your club would use the grant.
- Essay should outline how the grant will help your club and its members.
- Images and video should capture the essence of your club and show the creativity of its members.
How to enter
Entries must be submitted to Surfing New Zealand via Dan Westerkamp – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Images should be included as an attachment to the email.
- Video submissions may be loaded to a file sharing platform with a link provided to Surfing New Zealand as part of the submission or attached to the email (size pending).
Total prize pool $5,000 NZD
- First prize $3,500
- Second prize $1,500
Submission opening date: Friday 10th November, 2023, 9:00am.
Submission closing date: Sunday 10th December, 2023, 12:00am
Who can apply?
New Zealand Boardrider Clubs that are affiliated to Surfing New Zealand for 2023.
See full terms and conditions here.
Go to Surfing New Zealand
Author: Dan Westerkamp